North Side Community School is seeking a dedicated and compassionate School Culture Specialist to join our team. As a PreK – 8th grade charter public school, we are committed to providing the best educational experience for our diverse student population. The School Culture Specialist plays a crucial role in supporting students’ behavioral and emotional well-being. The School Culture Specialist will work closely with the School Psychologists, Social Workers, and Director of Student Support Services. They will
conduct assessments, develop intervention plans, implement strategies, and collaborate with educators and parents to create a positive and supportive learning environment for students.
With a minimum starting salary of $60,000 we offer a generous compensation package including an array of benefits including assistance with advanced education.
- Behavior Assessment:
- Conduct thorough assessments of students’ behavioral challenges, collaborating with school psychologists to integrate psychological insights into the assessment process. b. Utilize various assessment tools and techniques to gather relevant information.
- Individualized Behavior Plans:
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other school staff, including school psychologists, to develop individualized behavior intervention plans tailored to each student’s unique needs.
- Ensure plans are coordinated, cohesive, and aligned with the overall support structure.
- Develop and lead the training and implementation of a system wide Restorative Justice Program.
- Implement behavior intervention strategies and techniques in coordination with school psychologists to address specific challenges.
- Collaborate on providing individual or small group counseling sessions as needed to support students in developing positive behaviors.
- Classroom Support:
- Work closely with teachers, school psychologists, and other support staff to ensure the seamless implementation of behavior management techniques within the classroom. i. Offer joint guidance, resources, and training to help educators create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Data Collection:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress and behavior data in collaboration with school psychologists.
- Regularly analyze data together to track improvements and adapt intervention plans accordingly.
- Crisis Management:
- Collaborate with school psychologists in managing crisis situations and de-escalate challenging behaviors when necessary.
- Ensure a coordinated and supportive response to crisis events.
- Parent Communication:
- Communicate effectively with parents and caregivers in coordination with school psychologists to keep them informed about their child’s progress.
- Provide joint strategies and resources for managing behavior at home, fostering a collaborative approach between school and home.
- Professional Development:
- Collaborate with school psychologists in staying current with best practices in behavior intervention and counseling.
- Actively participate in joint professional development opportunities to enhance collective skills and knowledge.
- Master’s degree in Counseling or a related field.
- State licensure or certification as a school counselor.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
- Knowledge of current best practices in behavior intervention and counseling.
About North Side Community School
Are you a mission driven individual who believes every child deserves an excellent education in a warm, caring, nurturing, and rigorous school environment? Do you believe every day should be a fresh start for a child? Does the idea of helping children grow, develop, and achieve success despite societal barriers excite you? If so, North Side Community School may be the perfect place for you!
North Side Community School is a PreK – 8th grade charter public school in the City of St. Louis founded in 2009 with an enrollment of approximately 500 students. The most important word in our name is community. We are a community of small classrooms (15 to 18 students per class), amazing educators, and caring parents working every day to ensure our children succeed!
North Side Community School operates across three campuses (early childhood center, elementary campus, and middle school campus). We are free (no tuition), public, and open to all. North Side consistently provides a high-quality education often ranked as one of the best public schools in the City of St. Louis and the State of Missouri. Most of our students live in the most challenging neighborhoods in St. Louis and 100% of our students qualify for free or reduced lunch.
Small class sizes, differentiated instruction, individualized attention, and AMAZING educators are the keys to our students’ success!
North Side Community School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. North Side Community School does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.