About North Side Community School
Are you a mission-driven individual who believes every child deserves an excellent education in a warm, caring, nurturing, and rigorous school environment? Do you believe every day should be a fresh start for a child? Does the idea of helping children grow, develop, and achieve success despite societal barriers excite you? If so, North Side Community School may be the perfect place for you!
North Side Community School is a PreK – 8th-grade charter public school in the City of St. Louis founded in 2009 with an enrollment of approximately 500 students. The most important word in our name is community. We are a community of small classrooms (15 to 18 students per class), amazing educators, and caring parents working every day to ensure our children succeed!
North Side Community School operates across three campuses (early childhood center, elementary campus, and middle school campus). We are free (no tuition), public, and open to all. North Side consistently provides a high-quality education often ranked as one of the best public schools in the City of St. Louis and the State of Missouri. Most of our students live in the most challenging neighborhoods in St. Louis and 100% of our students qualify for free or reduced lunch.
Small class sizes, differentiated instruction, individualized attention, and AMAZING educators are the keys to our students’ success!
With a minimum starting salary of $70,000, we offer a generous compensation package including an array of benefits including assistance with advanced education.
The School Psychologist will be responsible for providing support and services to students with special needs and collaborating with school staff to ensure that students receive the necessary support. The School Psychologist will also provide guidance to teachers and parents, conduct assessments, and participate in individualized education plan meetings.
- Provide individual and group counseling services to students with special needs.
- Conduct psychological and educational assessments to determine students’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide consultation services to teachers and parents regarding academic and behavioral concerns.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special needs.
- Collaborate with school staff to develop and implement behavioral intervention plans (BIPs) for students with challenging behaviors.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings to discuss student progress and develop recommendations for academic and behavioral interventions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress and services provided.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge related to special education and mental health.
Skills & Characteristics:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, families, and school staff.
- Knowledge of special education laws and regulations.
- Ability to administer and interpret psychological and educational assessments.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all interactions.
Education Required & Certifications:
- Master’s or doctoral degree in School Psychology from an accredited institution.
- Missouri State Board of Education Certification in School Psychology.
- Eligible for or hold a Missouri State Board of Education Professional Educator License (PEL) with a School Psychologist endorsement.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or administrator.
North Side Community School is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. North Side Community School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.