About North Side Community School
Are you a mission driven individual who believes every child deserves an excellent education in a warm,
caring, nurturing, and rigorous school environment? Do you believe every day should be a fresh start for
a child? Does the idea of helping children grow, develop, and achieve success despite societal barriers
excite you? If so, North Side Community School may be the perfect place for you!
North Side Community School is a PreK – 8th grade charter public school in the City of St. Louis founded
in 2009 with an enrollment of approximately 500 students. The most important word in our name is
community. We are a community of small classrooms (15 to 18 students per class), amazing educators,
and caring parents working every day to ensure our children succeed!
North Side Community School operates across three campuses (early childhood center, elementary
campus, and middle school campus). We are free (no tuition), public, and open to all. North Side
consistently provides a high-quality education often ranked as one of the best public schools in the City
of St. Louis and the State of Missouri. Most of our students live in the most challenging neighborhoods
in St. Louis and 100% of our students qualify for free or reduced lunch.
Small class sizes, differentiated instruction, individualized attention, and AMAZING educators are the
keys to our students’ success!
With a minimum starting salary of $50,000 for degreed and certified teachers, we offer a generous
compensation package including an array of benefits including assistance with advanced education.
North Side Community School is seeking full-time classroom teachers for immediate openings and to
begin teaching in the 2023-2024 school year. If you are a certified classroom teacher with a passion for
children of all ages, experience creating a positive and highly engaging classroom environment, and have
a talent for applying strong instructional and classroom management strategies WE WANT TO MEET
● Creation of a positive, nurturing, warm, welcoming classroom culture where students feel
welcome, encouraged, and willing to take risks.
● Employing engaging, differentiated instruction to teach skills.
● Creation of a positive behavior plan to set routines and procedures enhancing engagement
in learning activities
● Assessment of students’ skills and learning requirements
● Keeping track of and reflecting on students’ progress
● Monitoring children’s behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
● Establishing positive parent relationships and keeping parents well abreast of their child’s
progress, strengths, and challenges.
● Participate as an active member of the community to provide stewardship of the school
and adherence to its mission and guiding principles
● Maintain a high-level of professionalism including meeting deadlines, and commitments to self,
students, and the community
● Administer and analyze informal and formal student assessments, using quantitative and
qualitative data to drive and inform instruction
● Participation in professional development activities and team meetings
● Driven to help our NSCS students be the best they can be
● Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
Skills & Characteristics
● Implements a variety of instructional strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners
● Uses student data to develop long term and short term, differentiated plans
● Works collaboratively on grade level and school-wide teams
● Implements the growth mindset in the classroom
● Uses a variety of classroom management strategies to keep the classroom running smoothly
● Grows professionally and sets goals for themselves to become better educators
North Side Community School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal
treatment for all individuals applying to the school. North Side Community School does not discriminate
based on race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A)
Missouri state teaching certificate (or eligible to receive)